To have an internship in New York, you’ll need a J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa which valid until your internship finished. This visa allows people to visit the United States to exchange skills, experience, or knowledge in various. To get this visa, you must be able to speak English on the level of sufficient proficiency.
How to Apply:
- First, you need to have a sponsoring company. If you have no idea how to find it, the US Department provides this website that can help you find the right sponsor.
- If the company willing to sponsor you, you will need these documents:
- Form DS-2019 (“Certificate of Eligibility for Exchanger Visitor [J-1] Status”). It’s going to be provided by your sponsor.
- A Training/Internship Placement Plan, Form DS-7002
- Online Non immigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160. Visit the DS-160 website to learn more about the DS-160 online process.
- A passport valid for travel to the U.S. and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant’s intended period of stay in the U.S. (unless country-specific agreements provide exemptions).
- One (1) 2×2 photograph
- Attend an interview with your local U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
To find out more about J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa, you can go to this official website from the US Department of State.