Entry Requirements for EU Citizen
An EU Citizen with an internship less than 90 days, doesn’t need a visa. However, if you want to stay longer, you should register at Anagrafe (Register Office) of the municipality of residence. Further information can be found on the website of the Polizia di Stato.
Entry Requirements for non-EU Citizen
You will need a visa to do an internship in Rome. The administrative costs of processing the visa application are around $54. To request one, you need these documents:
- Entry visa application form
- Recent passport-size photograph
- Valid travel document whose expiry date is three months longer than that of the visa requested
- Enrollment documentation about the training course the applicant wishes to attend (specifying the duration, the program, gained certification, etc.). The course has to be organized by educational institutions that have obtained accreditation to manage vocational training courses.
- Training documentation acquired in the country of origin
- Documents about accommodation and return flight ticket
There’s a very useful website from the country to find out if you need a visa or not based on your nationality. You can find it here.