Writing a neat and good cover letter was successful and the internship company has invited you for your first interview.
Because it concerns a foreign internship, it may be that this conversation takes place via Skype or Zoom. An exciting moment and tense for the first meeting!
Internship Abroad ensures that you keep your thoughts and that you get through the conversation smoothly. What are you going to pay attention to when you enter such a first conversation?
Good preparation ensures that you are less nervous and therefore appear more confident. Make sure to consider the following points beforehand:
Who am I?
- Character traits
- Personality traits.
What can I do?
- Work experience
- What value can you add to the company?
What do I want?
- What you want to learn during your internship / graduation assignment.
- As an intern you sell yourself in a positive way. Make sure you transfer your own qualities to the prospective employer in a motivated manner.
Remember that you can only really go to a job interview well-prepared if you have all the necessary information.
Make sure you have enough information about the organization where you want to do your internship. There is often a web page of these internship companies on the internet where you can read a lot.
This could include information about the size of the organization, the products and services offered, the history, the size of the department and the corporate culture.
For additional information you can use:
- Published articles about the company.
- Articles on the Internet.
- Your own experience with the company.
- The contact person from the vacancy.
- The company itself: the human resources department, brochures and annual reports.
- The Chamber of Commerce.
- Company employees, friends and acquaintances.
Vision of the internship company about the intern
Before you start an interview, try to find out how the future internship company would prefer to see you, so that your appearance and behavior match the internship company.
For job interviews, the unwritten rule is that it is better to be overdressed (too neat) than underdressed (too casual). Now this may be less relevant as most likely the conversation is taking place online.
The point is to show your good will. Adapting yourself to certain codes has nothing to do with handing in your personality. In fact, everyone adapts to a specific group. If you adapt yourself, this indicates that you are flexible.
Pay attention; Make sure you are on time . Make sure you look enthusiastic and driven.
Do you have further questions about how you can best prepare for an interview? Please contact with us!